- If you are soliciting a review, you will have to send me a copy of your book. If you are interested in a review, post a comment and we can discuss how you will get a copy of the book to me.
- I will not review e-books. I don't have an e-reader and I get headaches staring at the computer screen for too long. Also, I like to flip through books to look things up as I write the reviews. Paperbacks are fine (mass market or trade), even used ones as long as they're still mostly intact and not sticky or anything.
- I will post on the review that you provided me with a copy.
- I don't promise to write a glowing review. I'm going to write my honest opinion.
- Don't send me book 2 or 3 of a series without sending me all the volumes. I complained about Amazon Vine reiewers in a post a couple of months ago. In that program, people review book 3 of a series without having read book 1, and then don't understand half of it. However, if you send me 3 books, I'll review all of them.
- If I say something inaccurate in my review (like I get a character's name wrong), please feel free to contact me and we can discuss a revision. But if what I say is true, or could be an interpretation arrived at by the average reader, it's staying.
- If your book is available by web or on Amazon, I'll provide a link to the product page. I'll also link to your website or blog.
- No links to Facebook pages. Twitter is now OK.
- This is only for published books. If you'd rather have the advice of an editor, I'm glad to do that too, for a fee. (Reviews are free, except for providing me a copy of the book.)
- I probably shouldn't have to say this, but I will only review books in English. And I will only write reviews in English.
- No supernatural romance. For an idea of the things I read normally, click on some of my library posts. (Now conveniently collected in the page accessible by the "library" button above.)
Thursday, September 22, 2011
Want Me to Review Your Book?
If you're an indie author, and you'd like a little publicity, I would be interested in reviewing your book on my blog. My reviews are some of the most viewed posts on this blog, and if you like what I write, feel free to post links on your website or blog. Some things to keep in mind: